We are looking forward to welcoming you back to East Grinstead Museum.
However, there will a slight change to our opening hours. Our new opening hours will be:
Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays: 10am to 4pm
We will be closed on Sundays.
Social Distancing And Safety Measures
For both your and our volunteer's safety, in line with Government Guidelines, we have made a few changes to how we operate:
- We will be using a timed ticket system, with sessions for 30 minutes. This is to ensure that a limited number of people are in the museum at any one time. Please note that you will need to book by 3pm the day before your visit.
- The ticket bookings are divided into Morning (10am to 1pm) and Afternoon (1pm to 4pm) sessions
- Upon arrival please show your tickets to our Stewards - this can be either a paper copy, or on your phone or tablet
- Hand Sanitiser will be available for use on entering the Museum and in our gallery.
- All visitors will be asked for their details as part of the NHS Track and Trace scheme.
- Please ensure that you wear a face covering (except for children and those who cannot wear them for health reasons).
- Please follow the clear two metre markings around the galleries for social distancing.
- We will be using a one way system around the museum
Frequently Asked Questions
Visiting the Museum
Can I book over the phone?
Yes - please call us on 01342 302233 between 9am and 4:30pm, Wednesday to Friday.
Can I still visit the museum without a ticket?
Yes - but we will give priority to ticket holders so there may be some delay in visiting. However, for many reasons, if you are able to, please book a ticket.
Are the tickets for a specific date and time?
Yes - this is to help with our Social Distancing and managing numbers of people within the galleries.
Do I have to wear a Face Covering?
Yes - again, as part of Social Distancing, we do require everyone to wear a covering. This includes our staff and volunteers!
Are the toilet facilities still available ?
Sadly, at the moment we have had to close the toilet facilities. The nearest available toilet facilities are in Kings Street, near the Cinema. They are around a five minute walk away.
Will there still be somewhere to sit down?
Yes - a small number of chairs will be available around the galleries.
Will the Shop be open?
Yes - we do ask that as many people as possible use contactless payments to limit the amount of money being handled.
Historical Research/Collections Donations
Can you help with my enquiry?
Of course- although at the moment, our Research Room is closed, we will be trying to solve questions about the town and it's history, but there will be a delay in doing so, so please be patient.
If I have an item of possible interest to the Museum, what should I do?
Please complete this form to contact us - we will discuss your offer with you. Please do not bring it to the museum if you visit - we do not have enough space to safely quarantine items.
Track and Trace
Why are you collecting my contact details?
As part of the NHS Track and Trace system, we are required by law to collect your name and telephone number. This, along with your arrival and exit time, will be used by the Track and Trace system in the event of a case of COVID 19 being recorded at the Museum.
In line with Government Guidance, we will keep your details safely for 21 days before securely disposing of/deleting them.
These details will only be shared with NHS Test and Trace, if required. We will not use your details for any other purposes or pass them on to anyone else.
If you have any concerns over supplying your information, please contact us.
Children's Activities and Group Visits
Are there going to be any children's activity sessions in the Autumn Half Term holidays?
Sadly, in light of the current Social Distancing rules we are unable to run our usual Children's activities this summer. Please keep an eye on our Events page for further updates.
Are you able to take Group visits?
Whilst we are limited in the number of visitors to the museum at any one time, we would be more than happy to discuss potential visits from local Groups. Please don't hesitate to contact us.
I have other questions
Hopefully, we have been able to answer your question, but if not, please get in touch, either by phone (01342 302233) or on email email@example.com