East Grinstead Museum is looking for someone with a strong financial background to act as our Treasurer. Working closely with the Trustees, who have ultimate responsibility for East Grinstead Museum you will help ensure that the Museum has a clear vision and strategic direction, is sustainable and complies with the law.
The key functions of the Treasurer are:
- Monitoring the financial standing of the charity and report to the Board regarding cash-flow forecasting, income streams and out-going expenses.
- Oversee the charity’s financial resources and risk-management process, ensuring a sound financial control environment
- Ensuring that the Museum’s funds are suitably invested and managed to meet the Museum’s operational and strategic needs
- Liaising with external auditors/independent examiners on financial issues and annual accounts
- Ensuring that annual accounts are submitted to the Charity Commission within 10 months of year end
The Role Description and Person Specification are here:
To register your interest please email Lester Porter, the Chair of Trustees, at providing a covering letter and CV outlining why you want this role and how you meet the person specification.
Please include contact details for two referees.
The closing date for applications is Friday 20th December 2019.
Suitable applicants will be invited for an informal discussion at the Museum with two existing trustees and the Museum Manager on Friday 10th January 2020.